Elderwood of Scallop Shell at Wakefield
55 Scallop Shell Way, Wakefield, RI 02879
We are temporarily unable to welcome visitors. We will notify families directly as soon as limited visitation can resume. We appreciate your understanding.
Services and Programs
- Subacute Care and Rehabilitation Services
- Cardiac Rehab
- Orthopedic Rehab
- Wound Care
- Specialty Programs
- Palliative Care
- Respite Care
- Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing
Benefits of Elderwood
- Comprehensive, personalized orthopedic, cardiac and post-surgical rehab programs, including physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Bright, spacious rehab gym with state-of-the-art equipment
- Unit dedicated to rehab therapy
- Friendly, home-like atmosphere with beautifully decorated common spaces
- Pleasant dining experience
- Lively social activities
- Complimentary WiFi
- Wound care services that include weekly on-site rounds by nurse practitioners
Helping You Prepare for Rehab
We make it easy to pre-schedule your short-term rehab stay, with rooms dedicated just for patients undergoing therapy. We’ll take care of everything, including verifying your insurance information*.
*Must meet admissions requirements.
Memory Care Program
Our Memory Care program provides a more comforting and rewarding quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Specially trained staff members utilize proven techniques for understanding, communicating and interacting with memory-impaired individuals.
Schedule a short-term stay for your loved one. We offer a safe, medically supervised environment, with amenities that include three daily meals, social events and medication management.