Orthopedic Rehabilitation. Restoring health and mobility.
There’s no better place to recover from knee, hip, shoulder, back or other orthopedic surgery than at Elderwood. Our highly skilled team of professionals will customize a program designed to motivate and individually suit your specific needs. Then, they’ll work with you on a personal level to get you moving and back home as quickly as possible.
- Advance scheduling of post-surgery rehab at no charge, with admission and discharge criteria already in place.
- Physician protocols are meticulously followed throughout the patient’s stay.
- Patient functional outcomes are measured and tracked to gauge performance improvements.
- Wellness education to manage diet, exercise and medications.
- Training to safely resume everyday activities and recognize potential issues.
- Regular, collaborative meetings ensure all aspects of care are discussed to determine if modifications are necessary to meet goals.
- Permanent staff-to-patient assignment maintains strong relationships.
- Patient evaluations include education with family and/or caregiver.
- Ease patient’s transition to home by ordering special equipment, scheduling follow-up appointments and arranging for additional services.
Before your orthopedic surgery, schedule a tour of our facilities today.
More Subacute Care & Rehabilitation Services
CARDIAC REHABILITATION – Elderwood has the technological capability and clinical expertise to care for patients recovering from a variety of cardiac conditions and surgery.
ONCOLOGY SERVICES – Elderwood’s integrated and specially trained staff provides the comfort and care necessary to manage the treatment of a variety of oncological conditions.
ORTHOPEDIC REHAB – There’s no better place to recover from knee, hip, shoulder, back or other orthopedic surgery than at Elderwood.
OUTPATIENT THERAPY – Come to Elderwood for innovative outpatient rehabilitation, where skilled and qualified therapists use advanced technologies to aid your recovery.
RESPIRATORY CARE (WILLIAMSVILLE, NY) – Our dedicated ventilator unit is staffed by respiratory therapists and specially trained nurses 24 hours a day.
SMARTS® EXPRESS CARE – Elderwood developed SMARTS® Express Care in collaboration with local hospitals, HMOs and insurers to provide individuals with an alternative to the emergency room.
WOUND CARE – Elderwood partners with specialists at local hospitals to deliver intensive therapies and treatment for post-surgical and chronic wounds in a comfortable environment.