Elderwood at Hornell
1 Bethesda Drive, Hornell, NY 14843
IMPORTANT VISITATION INFORMATION UPDATE
Due to the recent changes in guidance from the New York State Department of Health, all visitors must now present a verified negative COVID-19 test result obtained within the seven days prior to visiting. Visitation cannot be permitted if the visitor fails to present a negative test result, exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, or does not pass screening questions.
To obtain a COVID-19 Test Visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-testing or call (888) 364-3065 to make an appointment.
Should our facility experience a positive COVID-19 case – either among our residents or our staff – visitation must be suspended for 14 days (previously 28) from the date of the most recent positive test.
We are excited to share that effective Monday, 7/27 we will be able to welcome visitors back to our facility on a limited basis!
Visits are by appointment only, please call (607) 324-6990 to schedule a visit. Only a limited number of appointments are available each day.
- Visitors MUST present a verified negative COVID-19 test result obtained within seven days prior to visiting
- Visits are currently limited in duration and to 2 visitors – no one under 18 may visit
- All visitors and residents must wear face coverings throughout the visit
- Visitors are required to complete a brief health screening at the facility
- Visitors may not bring items to the residents during their visitation
- Other restrictions apply and will be posted at the facility
We understand that you may have questions on how the coronavirus has impacted our senior care community and the steps we’re taking to address it. Please know taking care of your family member is the most important thing we do every day. Your questions are important, but with staff working hard to care for our residents, it can be difficult to step away to respond to phone calls. That’s why we are inviting you to submit non-urgent questions to us via email at COVIDInfoHornell@elderwood.com.
Please be sure to include your full name, the name of the resident about whom you’re concerned, an email address and phone number and your specific concerns. You can also reach us at (607) 324-6990.
When a resident is diagnosed with COVID-19, we take great care to ensure they’re made comfortable in an isolated setting and are under constant supervision. Our staff wear full protective equipment, including medical gowns, gloves, eye protection and masks, and follow best-practice infection control protocols and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Health.
Services and Specialty Programs
- Subacute Care and Rehabilitation Services
- Cardiac Rehab
- Orthopedic Rehab
- Respite Care
- Seasons® Memory Care
- Specialty Programs
- Adult Medical Day Services
- Palliative Care
- Respite Care
- Seasons® Memory Care
- Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing
Benefits of Elderwood
- Comprehensive, personalized orthopedic, cardiac and post-surgical rehab programs, including physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Bright, spacious rehab gym with state-of-the-art equipment
- Unit dedicated to rehab therapy
- Comfortable private and semi-private rooms
- Friendly, home-like atmosphere with beautifully decorated common spaces
- Pleasant dining experience at every meal
- Lively social activities
- Complimentary WiFi
- Spacious patios, surrounded by gardens and park-like backyard setting
- Secure memory care unit
Helping You Prepare for Rehab
We make it easy to pre-schedule your short-term rehab stay, with rooms dedicated just for patients undergoing therapy. We’ll take care of everything, including verifying your insurance information*.
*Must meet admissions requirements.
Secure Memory Care Environment
This environment provides a more comforting and rewarding quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Our specially trained staff members utilize proven techniques for understanding, communicating and interacting with memory-impaired individuals. It all happens within a uniquely designed, secure unit that promotes freedom in a safe environment.
Schedule a short-term stay for your loved one. We offer a safe, medically supervised environment, with amenities that include three daily meals, social events, and medication management.
Adult Medical Day Services
Elderly or physically challenged individuals enjoy socializing activities, while benefiting from medical monitoring and personal attention.