Elderwood Skilled Nursing Facilities Recognized by National Media
We are excited to announce that several Elderwood facilities have been recognized for excellence by national publications. Six Elderwood communities were named to the prestigious U.S. News & World Report “Best Nursing Homes” list for excellence in Long Term Care and Short-term Rehabilitation. Best Nursing Homes ratings are based on U.S. News’s in-depth analysis of publicly available data, including information that is not factored into CMS’s star ratings. Unlike the star ratings, the U.S. News ratings recognize that patients undergoing relatively short-term rehabilitation have very different needs from those who require longer-term care.
The six facilities recognized by U.S. News include:
• Elderwood at Amherst recognized for Short-Term Rehabilitation
• Elderwood at Grand Island recognized for Short-Term Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care
• Elderwood at Lancaster recognized for Short-Term Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care
• Elderwood at Hamburg recognized for Short-Term Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care
• Elderwood of Scallop Shell at Wakefield recognized for Short-Term Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care
• Elderwood of Wheatfield recognized for Short-Term Rehabilitation
Additionally, Elderwood at Cheektowaga and Elderwood at Williamsville have been named among the "Best Nursing Homes” by Newsweek. This year's Newsweek ranking identifies the nation's top nursing homes based on three critical criteria: overall performance data, peer recommendations and each facility's handling of COVID-19, relative to in-state competition. This year, Newsweek’s ranking lists the 450 top facilities across 25 states. In New York, Elderwood at Williamsville ranked 25th and Elderwood at Cheektowaga ranked 45th out of the 55 Skilled Nursing Facilities that made the list.
“We are thrilled to have the outstanding efforts of our dedicated staff recognized by these well-respected publications and to have our commitment to excellence highlighted,” said Dr. Jeffrey Rubin, co-CEO for Elderwood.